The Digitization of Logistics
The logistics industry has experienced many ups and downs throughout its journey, and it is, without a doubt, a difficult industry to work in. But thanks to innovation in logistics technology, people worldwide are connected by managed supply chains. Smaller logistics companies should use Amazon and Walmart as examples and apply the most important technologies to digitalise their business forms.
3D printing technology, Blockchain technology, and the localisation of supply chains are rapidly transforming the logistics industry. At Avon Solutions and Logistics, our professional Office shifting services and courier partners service providers have adopted these latest technologies to stay competitive in a rapidly changing market. Here is our compilation of expert insights about tech innovations driving the logistics industry. Learn More
13 Digitalization Trends Transforming The Logistics
The logistics and travel industries are growing, and the need for customer satisfaction is increasing. Logistics companies must therefore need to undergo digital transformation to remain competitive. Successful digitalisation is possible only with the following technological trends.
- Process automation is used in the logistics industry to reduce reliance on human resources, improve customer service, and improve organisational control.
- Blockchain technology can improve logistics efficiency, increase traceability and transparency, and eliminate the need for a legal team and fees that come with them.
- A logistics company can improve operational efficiency by incorporating location intelligence into the decision-making process, meeting SLAs, and closing the supply-demand gap.
- The logistics industry must adapt to the rapid expansion of self-driving technology and vehicle-to-vehicle innovations.
- Logistics companies can use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform their operations.
- The logistics industry is moving to the cloud, and smaller businesses can now pay only for what they need when they need it.
- Digital logistics technology is used in various logistical sectors to cut costs, verify data, track assets, and provide compliance.
- The logistics industry is transforming with the help of digital marketplace technology, and this technology is helping retailers increase their sales rate and decrease their return ratio.
- The logistics industry is expected to receive $1.9 trillion in funding by 2020, and IoT-connected sensors will be used to monitor temperature and humidity for sensitive cargo.
- Logistics companies are using virtual calling technology to confirm product specifications with customers. This reduces return and refund rates to nearly 15%.
- Logistics companies use data-driven software to increase their operations’ efficiency and streamline their operations. This increases the overall productivity by up to nearly 30 per cent.
- Logistics companies and office shifting services use robotics to reduce their manual labour forces and simultaneously complete several tasks.
- Wearable technology is helping to make logistics work twice as fast. Logistics will become more efficient due to wearable technology in the coming years.
Within the next five years, the logistics industry will be greatly impacted by digitisation, with new digital technologies being used to enhance customer loyalty and increase revenue.