The advancement of technology is changing the fashion industry. Due to interdisciplinary collaborations between scientists, computer engineers, manufacturers, and designers, new products are created everyday. Collaborations between the tech and fashion industries result in new products in the middle of both industries. For example, Levi’s and Google’s Advanced Technology and Products group have collaborated on a jacket for urban cyclists that syncs with their phone or device. Therefore, technology is changing the future of fashion, and it is being encouraged in every fashion design college in Chennai (https://www.dotsod.in/fashion-design-course/) and other reputed institutes in India. Keep reading to learn more about how technology is reshaping the fashion industry in today’s world.
How Is Technology Changing Fashion Industry?
Technology is being used to provide a positive customer experience in the fashion industry, and collaborations result in innovative and efficient products. Furthermore, these advancements have enabled hyper-rapid manufacturing systems, which have enabled a new era of fashion. A few of the technological advancements are:
- Virtual reality technology allows consumers to become fully immersed in an alternate reality, which enhances the overall experience of a brand or product.
- Chatbot technology provides personalized assistance to their customers on websites and is becoming the trend of most fashion companies.
- Artificial intelligence allows fashion brands to understand consumer patterns better and forecast their production levels.
- Technology is being incorporated into athletic apparel, such as a workout shirt that incorporates silver thread woven into the fabric, which has a sensor that transmits information such as breath depth, heart rate, and movement.
- Wool yarns are constantly refining their technology to create exciting new fabrics. This technology has created certain luxury yarn blends tailored to designers looking for elegance, warmth, and one-of-a-kind technical properties.
- Several textile manufacturers are investigating bio-engineering to produce new fibers and fabrics. The technology is being developed by a few brands developing synthetic fibers that look and feel like silk.
- Digital knitting has made significant strides in recent years and now offers an almost limitless number of customization options.
- Blockchain is a technology used to store information about transactions and distinguish blocks from each other. Blockchain technology allows for transparency, traceability, and efficiency in the supply chain.
Emerging Technology Trends In Reputed Fashion Brands
Fashion and technology are fusing in a way that encourages consumers to join in. As technology becomes more popular, real experiences are starting to change the fashion field today. Furthermore, they deepen customer engagement and expand their reach into new markets. It is creating virtual prototypes to reduce the number of samples produced and the impact on the environment. The fashion industry is also becoming more environmentally friendly by moving more slowly and using less energy.
Fashion and technology are intertwined and taught as a single stream in the fashion design institute in Chennai and other top institutions worldwide. Artificial intelligence, a vital field in fashion, predicts and promotes better clothing. A few of the examples associated with the emerging trends in fashion with technology are:
- A fashion label collaborated with VeChain to test the ability of blockchain technology to improve product data traceability.
- The future of fashion is changing, with brands like Moncler incorporating RFID chips into their outfits.
Technology for 3D fit in augmented reality allows online fashion retailers to find the most accurate fit for their products. Amazon is an ideal example of using these augmented realities in fashion.
- EFI Optitex uses AR/VR technology to make it easier to find an appropriate fit for their products.
- 3D printing technology allows cutting-edge scientific technology to be combined with Haute fashion.
- TextileGenesis uses RFID technology to maintain greater transparency throughout its supply chain.
Fashion and technology will become synonymous and less noticeable to the consumer soon. Technology is changing the way fashion operates today, and the industry is generating $1.5 trillion per year. One such technological advancement is Etsy, ideal for small brands to build an online audience. On the contrary, high-end brands are changing their production methods with technology to compete with online fast-fashion retailers. Therefore, the entire fashion industry embraces manufacturing systems that rely more on machines and less on humans. Eventually, it does good to mankind by speeding up production while also reducing labor conditions in their manufacturing facilities.